Dorothy Porker was nominated thrice for the Pink Lady Food Photographer of the Year Award, once in 2020, again 2021, and again in 2022, in the categories food bloggers, Claire Aho Award for Women Photographers and Production Paradise Previously Published respectively.
My cookbook Nomnomnom which was published in August 2021 in the Netherlands and Belgium was long listed for both the Gouden Kookboek and Kookboek of the year awards, and listed in various end of year lists.
• From the Desk of Alicia Kennedy: On Ingredients
• The Family Cookbook: Dutch-Indonesian food identity, between two worlds
For The Family Cookbook Co. the lovely Sarah Yeoman wrote a wonderful piece about Dutch-Indonesian food identity and recreated my gado gado recipe for her followers both in her stories and with her amazing photography. Her photo is featured in Whetstone Volume 9 alongside my piece ‘The Island of Indisch’, elaborating on Dutch-Indonesian colonial history through the lens of food.
While I could add Dutch media here I am going to assume you won’t be able to read those, so I have not added them here. My cookbook Nomnomnom was featured in most Dutch and large sections of (Dutch-language) Belgian print media in one form or another and I made some radio appearances as well, while my book was also featured on daytime TV.
- Bob Ross Glossy – Bob Rosti photo and recipe for Museum MORE
- Tummie Magazine #2 – chipotle chocolate mousse and chili crisp brittle recipe and photo (nominated for the Pink Lady Awards 2022)
- Kitchen Table Magazine #4 – cover
- The Cheese Magazine #3 – article and photoshoot on Annie Fromage, a fantastisc Dutch cheese maker
- Whetstone Volume 9 – article on Indisch foodways in the Netherlands
If you’d like to collaborate contact me at porker dorothy at g mail dot com.