As mentioned in my Boudin noir taco recipe I needed to ‘rid’ myself (i.e. eat) a whole bunch of Boudin noir and was looking for inspiration. While the tacos were great. You didn’t think I was just gonna eat some tacos and be done with it, did you?
A little bit of Closet Cooking and a little bit of me
The other thing I needed to exist, was Boudin noir hash. I found some recipes, but none to my liking. So I made up my own, based on this recipe for sweet potato and Brussel sprout hash (leave out the bacon to make it vegetarian, maybe add feta because cheese) from Closet Cooking and my brain.
When do I eat Boudin Noir hash with Brussel sprouts?
Hash is a typical breakfast or brunch recipe, but I like to have it for dinner as well.
Boudin Noir or Black Pudding and Brussel Sprout Hash
- Heavy skillet or frying pan
- Box grater, optional
- 2 large potatoes peeled and diced, some people like 'm grated, if that's you, you do you
- olive oil or butter
- 1 large onion cut into thin rings
- 3.5 oz - 100 gr Brussel sprouts cleaned and halved
- 3.5 oz - 100 gr Boudin noir or black pudding cut into chunks
- dash Worcester sauce soy sauce will also do
- 2 large eggs your way, though I do believe a runny yolk is key
- swirl Sriracha or other hot sauce for serving
- Parboil the 2 peeled and cut potatoes for 5 minutes and then drain.
- Heat some olive oil or butter in a hot skillet or frying pan before adding 1 onion cut into rings and glazing them until soft.
- Now add 3.5 oz - 100 gr Brussel cleaned and halved sprouts and parboiled potato and turn up the heat until you get some color on the onions, Brussel sprouts and potato.
- Turn down the heat a little and add the 3.5 oz - 100 gr of Boudin noir chunks. Season with salt, pepper and a dash of Worcester sauce. Mix everything together well and then pat it down into an even layer using your spatula.
- Leave to sit for 5 minutes, so the bottom of your hash really begins to crisp up. Turn everything over using your spatula. Pat down again. Leave for another 5 minutes. Turn and leave again until you've reached your desired level of crisp
- Serve with eggs how you like them and a good helping of Sriracha.
Zoek je dit recept in het Nederlands? Ga dan naar vettesletten.nl voor ‘hash’ van Boudin noir of bloedworst met spruitjes.